[Samba] Windows ACLs

Sonic sonicsmith at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 21:33:22 UTC 2022

On Thu, Sep 22, 2022 at 4:45 PM Rowland Penny via samba
<samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
> Did you run 'net cache flush' ?

I didn't previously but just did now and outside of the UID's being
updated to the new range results are the same.

>    dedicated keytab file = /etc/krb5.keytab
>    kerberos method = secrets and keytab
>    winbind use default domain = yes
>    winbind expand groups = 2
>    winbind refresh tickets = Yes
>    disable netbios = yes

I did add the above entries to my smb.conf as well, made no difference.

Note that I am not running nmbd as I don't believe it is necessary.

I did get the message about secrets.ldb not being found when I joined
the domain but it appears that's a normal message with recent Samba
versions.

Chris