[Samba] Problems with Samba after upgrading to v4 and changing LDAP-backend from OpenLDAP to 389

Franz Sirl Franz.Sirl-kernel at lauterbach.com
Wed Sep 21 14:28:35 UTC 2022

Am 2022-09-21 um 13:10 schrieb Alexander Harm || ApfelQ via samba:
> Hi Rowland,
>
> I guess mainly for historical reasons and using LDAP-backend for phletora of other applications which rely on “userPassword”. OpenLDAP and support was unfortunately removed from SLES.

Hi Alexander,

for SLES you can always fork and build your own OpenLDAP packages
matching your SLES version with OBS (OpenBuildService) like I did here:

	https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/home:fsirl:openldap

This way you can spread out the time you need to migrate to a setup
without OpenLDAP. You could even use my repo with "zypper addrepo -r",
but be aware that mine will go away as soon as I have migrated my
remaining 3 usages to 389ds.

Franz.