[Samba] Samba Update to 4.14 on Debian Buster - apt warnings and errors

Franz Gansberger franz.gansberger at boku.ac.at
Wed Sep 21 12:28:26 UTC 2022

The problem is that the package files on Louis repository for Buster are empty:
https://apt.van-belle.nl/debian/dists/buster-samba415/main/binary-amd64/Packages

Is this intended?

Franz
>>> Franz Gansberger 21.09.2022 14:17 >>>
Hi All,

I just want to do an "in-place" upgrade but don't want to ignore the 4.14 version. Just step by step - as I did all the other decades before. ;-)
Unfortunately I do not get the packages offered in aptitude from Louis repository (but they are online obviouly).
Neither on Bullseye (to upgrade to 4.15.x) , nor on Buster (to upgrade to 4.14.x).

Kind regards
Franz

On 21/09/2022 09:54, Franz Gansberger via samba wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> well, I am currently at the process of upgrading, but are not eager to
> jump directly from 4.13 to 4.15.

If you cannot make the jump from 4.13 to 4.14 using Louis's repo, then
you might need to make a bigger jump, from Buster to Bullseye and then
use 4.16.5 from backports.

Rowland