[Samba] Samba Update to 4.14 on Debian Buster - apt warnings and errors

Franz Gansberger franz.gansberger at boku.ac.at
Tue Sep 20 12:43:49 UTC 2022

Hallo Matthias,
thank you for your answer. Well, this fixes at least the error message
about "contrib" and "non-free".
What raised my suspicion is that even a change in the apt-repository of
Louis triggers an upgrade to Samba 4.14

But - I found a differnt thread on this list where others experiencing
the same issue. Maybe Louis ist working on it...

Franz

>>> Matthias Kühne | Ellerhold AG <matthias.kuehne at ellerhold.de>
20.09.2022 13:55 >>>
Hello,

only the "main" part of the repo is active. So change your .list file
to:

deb http://apt.van-belle.nl/debian buster-samba414 main

And it should work!

Bye, Matthias.

Am 20.09.22 um 13:26 schrieb Franz Gansberger via samba:

> Hi,
> after changing the lin in
> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/van-belle.list
> deb http://apt.van-belle.nl/debian buster-samba414 main contrib
non-free

> apt-get update throws warning:
>
> Hit:1 http://security.debian.org buster/updates InRelease

> Hit:2 http://apt.van-belle.nl/debian buster-samba414 InRelease

> Hit:3 http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian buster InRelease

> Reading package lists... Done
> W: Skipping acquire of configured file
'contrib/binary-amd64/Packages' as repository
'http://apt.van-belle.nl/debian buster-samba414 InRelease' doesn't have
the component 'contrib' (component misspelt in sources.list?)
> W: Skipping acquire of configured file 'contrib/i18n/Translation-en'
as repository 'http://apt.van-belle.nl/debian buster-samba414 InRelease'
doesn't have the component 'contrib' (component misspelt in
sources.list?)
> W: Skipping acquire of configured file
'non-free/binary-amd64/Packages' as repository
'http://apt.van-belle.nl/debian buster-samba414 InRelease' doesn't have
the component 'non-free' (component misspelt in sources.list?)
> W: Skipping acquire of configured file 'non-free/i18n/Translation-en'
as repository 'http://apt.van-belle.nl/debian buster-samba414 InRelease'
doesn't have the component 'non-free' (component misspelt in
sources.list?)

> I tried a couple of things from this howto:
> https://apt.van-belle.nl/simple-repo-setup.txt

> Especially the key management:
>
> wget -O- https://apt.van-belle.nl/louis-van-belle.gpg-key.asc | gpg
--dearmor | tee /usr/share/keyrings/louis-van-belle.gpg > /dev/null

> echo "deb [arch=$(dpkg --print-architecture)
signed-by=/usr/share/keyrings/louis-van-belle.gpg]
http://apt.van-belle.nl/debian/ $(lsb_release -sc)-samba414 main" | tee
-a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/van-belle.list

> and
> echo "Acquire::Languages { "none"; };" |tee -a
/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/99disable-translations

> but this doesn't change anything. I am currently not able to update
to Samba 4.14 on Debian Buster.

--
Matthias Kühne
Senior Webentwickler

Ellerhold Aktiengesellschaft
Friedrich-List-Str. 4
01445 Radebeul

Telefon: +49 (0) 351 83933-61
Telefax: +49 (0) 351 83933-99

Web	 www.ellerhold.de
Twitter www.twitter.com/Ellerhold_AG
Youtube www.youtube.com/user/ellerholdgruppe

Amtsgericht Dresden / HRB 23769
Vorstand: Stephan Ellerhold, Maximilian Ellerhold
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Frank Ellerhold

---Diese E-Mail und Ihre Anlagen enthalten vertrauliche Mitteilungen.
Sollten Sie nicht der beabsichtigte Adressat sein, so bitten wir Sie um
Mitteilung und um sofortiges löschen dieser E-Mail und der Anlagen.

Unsere Hinweise zum Datenschutz finden Sie hier:
http://www.ellerhold.de/datenschutz/

This e-mail and its attachments are privileged and confidential. If you
are not the intended recipient, please notify us and immediately delete
this e-mail and its attachments.

You can find our privacy policy here:
http://www.ellerhold.de/datenschutz/