[Samba] smbXsrv_client_connection_pass_loop: smb2srv_client_connection_passed() failed => NT_STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Sep 19 10:26:43 UTC 2022

On 19/09/2022 11:02, Jan Jurko via samba wrote:

>> 19. 9. 2022 v 10:41, Rowland Penny via samba <samba at lists.samba.org>:
>>
>> How are you running Samba ?
>> As a standalone server ? Or a Unix domain member ?
>> What Samba binaries are running ?
>> Please post your smb.conf
>> What are the clients ?
>>
>> Rowland
>>

> Samba is started via /usr/local/samba/sbin/samba
> It is standalone active directory server.

I think you mean that Samba is running as a DC and there is only one DC.

You are using the DC as a fileserver, so did you read this:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_Samba_as_an_Active_Directory_Domain_Controller#Using_the_Domain_Controller_as_a_File_Server_.28Optional.29

Where (amongst other things) it says this:

If you do use an AD DC as a fileserver, You must set the permissions
from Windows, do not attempt to use any of the old methods (force user
etc) . They will not work correctly and will cause problems.

I would suggest that you add another DC (for failover) and then a Unix
domain member and transfer the fileserver to that.

If you do not want to do that, remove all the extraneous config lines
from the shares (you only need the path and 'read only = no') and then
set the permissions from a Windows machine.

Rowland