[Samba] Error in samba-4.13.17

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Sat Sep 10 09:17:16 UTC 2022

On Sat, 2022-09-10 at 09:59 +0100, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:
> On Sat, 2022-09-10 at 16:43 +0800, 深圳_极速e栈 via samba wrote:
> > Hello,
> > Compile and install samba-4.13.17 from source. After the
> > installation
> > and configuration are completed, the winbind startup status shows
> > an
> > error, and the ntlm_auth authentication fails.
> > Looking forward to your professional guidance.
>
> Can you please try again with a different mail client, one that
> doesn't
> add all the ' ' , it is virtually impossible to understand your
> posts.
>
> Rowland

OK, so I removed all the ' ' and I am still confused, you posted
the smb.conf from '[root at myradius e_zhangiso]' , which is for a Unix
domain member, but you also posted this:

[root at myradius e_zhangiso]# systemctl status samba -l

and this:

[root at myradius e_zhangiso]# systemctl status nmb -l

and this:

[root at myradius e_zhangiso]# systemctl status winbind -l

The first is for the 'samba' binary and should only be started on a
Samba AD DC, the other two can be started for Unix domain member, but
should refuse to start if 'samba' is started. I suggest you stop
'samba' and start 'smb' and 'winbind' (you can optionally start 'nmb',
but it shouldn't do much because SMBv1 is turned off by default on your
version).

Rowland