[Samba] Rocky 8 & Samba 4.15

Chris Stone clstone99 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 20:54:58 UTC 2022

Hi,

We've been running CentOS 7.8, samba 4 (currently v 4.10.16-15), and SSSD
for a few years.  It is time to lifecycle the hardware and move to Rocky 8
and samba-4.15.5-8 (current available RPM).  I've been reading the
documentation and message boards but still a bit confused about the winbind
piece.  In our current setup we authenticate to AD and then authorize to an
OpenLDAP server.  Is this still possible using winbind?   If you have a
link I should be reading please let me know.

Chris