[Samba] Samba unable to find SRV record during join

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Sep 7 17:59:08 UTC 2022

On Wed, 2022-09-07 at 19:39 +0200, William Edwards via samba wrote:
> Although the join succeeded, no replication happens. Also, on the
> existing DCs, the following errors are logged when using several
> `samba-tool` commands such as `dns zonelist`:
>
>      Cannot reach a KDC we require to contact (null) : kinit for
> Administrator at CYBERFUSION failed (Cannot contact any KDC for
> requested
> realm)

That is definitely a dns problem and you posted this as part of your
join command in your intial post:

samba-tool domain join cyberfusion.cloud DC -k yes

Which would make your realm CYBERFUSION.CLOUD , so why are you getting
'ADMINISTRATOR at CYBERFUSION' above ? Hopefully it is just a
cut&paste/typo error.

As for upgrading, I would hold off on that, it seems that there may be
problems with the Debian Samba packages when used as a DC.

Rowland