[Samba] Samba unable to find SRV record during join

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Sep 6 17:29:36 UTC 2022

On Tue, 2022-09-06 at 19:09 +0200, William Edwards wrote:
> > Op 6 sep. 2022 om 19:04 heeft Rowland Penny via samba <
> > samba at lists.samba.org> het volgende geschreven:

> > > As mentioned in my original email, tcpdump proves that the DNS
> > > result
> > > is
> > > expected and correct. Something must be going wrong in userland.
> >
> > Would you please answer the questions that I asked.
>
> I did. I sent two emails in reply to yours. This is the second one.
> Please see my email from 18:46.

Sorry, yes I know, your second reply arrived after I sent my reply.

So, just to understand things, you are using Debian 10 and you are
trying to add a Debian 11 machine (this would mean 4.9.5 and 4.13.? if
using the standard distro packages)
I take it that /etc/resolv.conf points to another Samba AD DC and there
is nothing else using port 53. Provided that everything is set up
correctly, the join should work, whether IPv4 or IPv6 is used.

Rowland