[Samba] DCs demote / change IP / re-join mistakes

Luis Peromarta lperoma at icloud.com
Sat Oct 29 14:47:22 UTC 2022

But the missing line *is* there on the smb.conf files in all DCs.

Should I then sync idmap.ldb across all DCs, and if yes, which file , DC1, DC2 or the untouched DC3?

Shall I transfer FSMO role to the DC that will provide the idmap.ldb file before backing up the file ?

Nothing has been added to the AD since the rejoining process started a week ago.

Also, I have plenty of backups from all DCs before the rejoining.

Thanks Rowland, and apologies for my lack of knowledge of Samba internals.

All the best.

Sent from my iPhone