[Samba] Samba 4.16 and 4.17 ubuntu focal and jammy packages

Matthias Kühne | Ellerhold AG matthias.kuehne at ellerhold.de
Fri Oct 28 12:57:53 UTC 2022

Hello MJT and fellows,

we're now using the backports repository in debian bullseye for Samba 4.16.

Just adding the repo to the apt sources.list doesnt work because by
default the priority of testing package is below 500.

What we did is to pin the packages to priority 500, The big question is:
which packages are needed ?! I'm currently using this list:

libgfapi0, libgfrpc0, libgfxdr0, libglusterfs0, libldap-2.4-2, libldb2,
libnss-winbind, libpam-winbind, libsmbclient, libtalloc2, libtdb1,
libtevent0, libwbclient0, python3-ldb, python3-samba, python3-talloc,
python3-tdb, samba*, smbclient, tdb-tools, winbind

What I did was "apt install -t bullseye-backports samba" and noted which
packages "held back the install" and added it to the list.

Is there an easy way to determine which package I'd have to install from
bpo for samba?

That was easier with louis repo because I could have faith that only
necessary packages were in his repo and therefore installed.

Thanks and have a nice weekend,

Matthias Kühne.

--
Matthias Kühne
Senior Webentwickler

Ellerhold Aktiengesellschaft
Friedrich-List-Str. 4
01445 Radebeul

Telefon: +49 (0) 351 83933-61
Telefax: +49 (0) 351 83933-99

Web     www.ellerhold.de
Twitter www.twitter.com/Ellerhold_AG
Youtube www.youtube.com/user/ellerholdgruppe

Amtsgericht Dresden / HRB 23769
Vorstand: Stephan Ellerhold, Maximilian Ellerhold
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Frank Ellerhold

---Diese E-Mail und Ihre Anlagen enthalten vertrauliche Mitteilungen. Sollten Sie nicht der beabsichtigte Adressat sein, so bitten wir Sie um Mitteilung und um sofortiges löschen dieser E-Mail und der Anlagen.

Unsere Hinweise zum Datenschutz finden Sie hier: http://www.ellerhold.de/datenschutz/

This e-mail and its attachments are privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us and immediately delete this e-mail and its attachments.

You can find our privacy policy here: http://www.ellerhold.de/datenschutz/