[Samba] Windows 11 22H2 and Samba-AD 4.15 Kerberos login issue

ralph strebbing blackbirdralph at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 06:00:12 UTC 2022

On Thu, Oct 27, 2022 at 5:15 PM Jakob Curdes via samba
<samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hello Andrew, hello all,
>
> And most admins -like me- try to stick to distribution sources, so on
> e.g. Ubuntu 20 there is no easy option to upgrade to 4.16, as there is
> neither a fix in 4.15 that could be distributed by ubuntu nor a 4.16
> version e.g. in the repos by Louis van Belle. So this would be an
> important fix that will also be useful for many NAS vendors etc.
Just a heads up, Michael from Debian has recently published a repo for
Ubuntu 20 and 22 containing both Samba 4.16 and 4.17 if you're looking
for another repo that's kept more up to date than Ubuntu's, I'll link
the mail-list below:
https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2022-October/242377.html
I would follow the discussion there for some context, but he's updated
his README on the repo site that should contain the necessary info to
get started, I swapped from Van-Belle's repo to MJT's with no issue
moving from 4.15 to 4.17.

Regards,
Ralph