[Samba] building from source

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Oct 27 17:56:55 UTC 2022

On Thu, 2022-10-27 at 07:45 -0700, Peter Carlson via samba wrote:
> > The bootstrap.sh is created by/for the testing builds, where Samba
> > with a MIT kdc is built and tested
>
> got it, that makes sense

Yeah, I know it is confusing.  I would love bootstrap to have a
developer-only marker compared with a production marker, and to
generate two scripts.  However it wouldn't be tested, and the amazing
bit about the bootstrap system is the advise we give users matches what
we actually use to build the CI images.

This has saved a lot of manual work and confusing wiki churn compared
to the previous arrangement.

Andrew,

Solutions