[Samba] Samba 4.16 and 4.17 ubuntu focal and jammy packages

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Tue Oct 25 12:45:04 UTC 2022

Hi!

So after the todays new releases, I made available ubuntu focal
and ubuntu jammy builds of the current samba releases.  See

  http://www.corpit.ru/mjt/packages/samba/
and
  http://www.corpit.ru/mjt/packages/samba/README

These are after I uploaded samba packages in Debian. So they're
definitely not any "better" or "worse" than in Debian.

For jammy, Debian source package is being built as it is, without
any changes, so the version number is the same.

For focal, which lacks liburing, a single modification has to be
done - to remove liburing-dev from Build-Depends in d/control.
So focal packages have "focal" suffix in their revision number.

I'm not sure I will be providing focal packages in the future,
because of this change needed to be done in the source. Or maybe
I'll automate this.

Whole thing is almost automatic: after building (and maybe uploading)
a Debian package, run a script which builds it for Ubuntu and uploads
the result to the repository referenced above.

The repository is signed with my usual GPG key which I use in Debian.

Hopefully this way it will stay for some time, - I like the layout
now. after many various experiments yesterday.  This repository is
used internally by the above mentioned script which compiles packages.

The fields in the Release file might change, however.  For one, I
didn't even try the source part of the repository so far.

Let's see how it will go.

Thanks,

/mjt