[Samba] [Announce] Samba 4.17.2, 4.16.6 and 4.15.11 Security Releases Available for Download

Jule Anger janger at samba.org
Tue Oct 25 09:29:46 UTC 2022

Release Announcements
---------------------

This are security releases in order to address the following defects:

o CVE-2022-3437:  There is a limited write heap buffer overflow in the
GSSAPI
                   unwrap_des() and unwrap_des3() routines of Heimdal
(included
                   in Samba).
https://www.samba.org/samba/security/CVE-2022-3437.html

o CVE-2022-3592:  A malicious client can use a symlink to escape the
exported
                   directory. (4.17 only)
https://www.samba.org/samba/security/CVE-2022-3592.html

Changes
-------

o  Volker Lendecke <vl at samba.org>
    * BUG 15207: CVE-2022-3592.

o  Joseph Sutton <josephsutton at catalyst.net.nz>
    * BUG 15134: CVE-2022-3437.

joining the #samba-technical:matrix.org matrix room, or
#samba-technical IRC channel on irc.libera.chat.

If you do report problems then please try to send high quality
feedback. If you don't provide vital information to help us track down
the problem then you will probably be ignored.  All bug reports should
be filed under the Samba 4.1 and newer product in the project's Bugzilla
database (https://bugzilla.samba.org/).

== Our Code, Our Bugs, Our Responsibility.
== The Samba Team

================
Download Details
================

The uncompressed tarballs and patch files have been signed
using GnuPG (ID AA99442FB680B620).  The source code can be downloaded
from:

         https://download.samba.org/pub/samba/stable/

The release notes are available online at:

         https://www.samba.org/samba/history/samba-4.17.2.html
         https://www.samba.org/samba/history/samba-4.16.6.html
         https://www.samba.org/samba/history/samba-4.15.11.html

Our Code, Our Bugs, Our Responsibility.