[Samba] Large amount of 'messaging_out_queue_recv returned Connection timed out' warnings

Thomas de Zeeuw thomasdezeeuw at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 16:28:02 UTC 2022

I’ve added the file to the GitHub gist: https://gist.github.com/Thomasdezeeuw/91f43adc74abe4d9e7ddbea2e522bb13 and I’ve added them to the message body this time:

fio job file:

[global]
name=fio-seq-write
filename=fio-seq-write
rw=write
bs=256K
direct=0
numjobs=1
time_based
runtime=30

[file1]
size=1G
ioengine=posixaio
iodepth=16

My smb.conf:

[global]
security = user
# The line below is NixOS specific.
passwd program = /run/wrappers/bin/passwd %u
invalid users = root

server role = standalone server
vfs objects = streams_xattr recycle io_uring

# Logging.
logging = systemd
# Used to create the log file, I didn't see better performance we I didn't set
# this.
#log level = 3

# Security.
# Always require login.
map to guest = never
usershare allow guests = no
# Stay within the share directory.
wide links = no
allow insecure wide links = no

# Performance settings.
case sensitive = false
use sendfile = yes
min receivefile size = 16384
aio read size = 16384
aio write size = 16384
async smb echo handler = no
read raw = Yes
write raw = Yes
large readwrite = yes
sync always = no
server multi channel support = true
block size = 4096

# Use a recycle bin, instead of direct deletion.
# Requires `vfs objects` to have `recycle`.
recycle:exclude = .apdisk,.DS_Store,.TemporaryItems,.Trashes,desktop.ini,ehthumbs.db,Network Trash Folder,Temporary Items,Thumbs.db
recycle:minsize = 1

# Unused.
local master = no
dns proxy = no