[Samba] 4.16.5 packages for ubuntu 22.04 jammy

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Mon Oct 24 15:48:31 UTC 2022

24.10.2022 15:09, Michael Tokarev wrote:
..
>>> Do you think it's technically possible to have 4.16 on Ubuntu 20.04? Louis wasn't providing it.
> Lemme give it a try..

So besides a trivial dpkg/buildpots.mk include (which does not exist
in focal), there's one - minor, but annoying - difference on focal:
it does not have liburing, even on focal-backports.  So samba
Build-Depends can't be satisfied directly on focal, and this is where
a single actual difference from debian package will be: I can't express
build-dependency using a conditional, so the same .dsc source can't
be used.

For now, I built the packages for focal with local "a" version suffix
(due to builtopts.mk differences and due to this liburing change -
which I forgot to mention in the changelog - will do).

The resulting stuff is available at

   deb http://www.corpit.ru/mjt/packages samba-ubuntu-20.04-focal/

(signed with the same gpg key). (please note the pathname!)

Please give it a try :)

And I'm making available jammy packages for the same version in
a new repository,

   deb http://www.corpit.ru/mjt/packages samba-ubuntu-22.04-jammy/

(also note the pathname, it is different from the previous one).

The version numbering here is different from what has been used in
my previous attempt: there's no version change from debian package
so package versions stay the same.  However I added "a" suffix to
the focal packages since these did change (the buildopts.mk thing).

With next debian versions of all the packages, both sets will become
the same - except of samba package for focal, due to uring dependency
change.

/mjt