[Samba] 4.16.5 packages for ubuntu 22.04 jammy

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Mon Oct 24 11:49:45 UTC 2022

24.10.2022 14:34, Lorenzo Milesi wrote:
>> Here's my first try at building samba packages for ubuntu,
>> using current debian 4.16 line and 22.04 jammy release as
>> an example.
>
> Great, thank you!
> Tried right now, the installation and configuration up to Kerberos went through perfectly.

Thank you for testing it.  That was my first attempt at building ubuntu packages.
While it is definitely not any worse than current debian packages, the repository
stuff needs quite some refinement. I'll provide actual packages once announced
25-Oct security update comes out.

> Do you think it's technically possible to have 4.16 on Ubuntu 20.04? Louis wasn't providing it.

I looked at Fbuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa.  There's a small difficulty there: they
don't have debhelper 13, which is used in quite a few places in current packaging
(for example ${VARIABLE}s in debian/foo.install and the like files).  It is not
difficult to work around that, but I don't see real reason for that.

Thank you!

/mjt