[Samba] 4.17?

Kees van Vloten keesvanvloten at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 21:23:52 UTC 2022

Louis has multiple versions in his repo, currently 4.14, 4.15, 4.16.
Which means I can decide when I want to upgrade to a newer version by
changing the sources.list. That way I can plan and test the upgrades.

I do not see the repo is down, it is accessible right now, however it is
slowly getting out-of-date.

Another thing he did is to enable some extra features on top of the
Debian standard.

I asked him in the past (in 2020) to compile the packages with "enable
profiling", so that "smbstatus -P: will work. This is a required of
netdata to monitor Samba. And he added that to hist packages, pretty cool.

- Kees.