[Samba] editing samba-share ACLs etc from Windows

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Oct 20 15:01:16 UTC 2022

On 20/10/2022 13:14, Stefan G. Weichinger via samba wrote:

>>> Where do I take these from?
>>>

>> ls -ld /mnt/samba
>
> Now that was easy:
>
> # ls -ld /mnt/samba/
> drwxrwsr-x+ 46 administrator domain users 12288 14. Sep 07:42 /mnt/samba/

There is your probable problem, Administrator (because you are using the
idmap 'rid' backend and '10000' for the start  of the BUERO range) will
have the Unix ID of '10500' this is not '0'. try using 'chown' to change
the directories owner to 'root'. Never, not even ever, use Administrator
on a Unix machine.

Rowland