[Samba] Upgrade Woes

Tim ODriscoll tim.odriscoll at lambrookschool.co.uk
Tue Oct 18 19:45:20 UTC 2022

Hi All,

I've tried using a minimal smb.conf from a working DC1 on my problematic DC2 and the issue is still there - I'm not able to browse any shares like the default sysvol and netlogon via Explorer in Windows, only via the command line.

The error is still '0x80070035 the network path was not found'.

So, if the issue isn't in my smb.conf which could have different requirements after the update, where would the issue be? In the AD database?

I wonder if removing the DC from the domain and re-joining it would work, or would that mess something else up? But surely that won't fix it if it was working before the update, meaning the AD was OK?

Hmmm..
Tim