[Samba] long scripts

David Mulder dmulder at samba.org
Fri Oct 14 15:37:22 UTC 2022

> There is a bit of a problem with oddjob-gpupdate, it isn't available
> on Debian and Ubuntu uses adsys which seems to require sssd.

Yeah, I think only RH/SUSE have packaged oddjob-gpupdate. samba-gpupdate
works fine with sssd, but requires oddjob-gpupdate. Anybody know a
Debian maintainer we could bring this up with? I don't even know how to
build a debian package.

A work around on Debian/Ubuntu would be to create a system cron job that
runs samba-gpupdate every 90 minutes.

--
David Mulder
Labs Software Engineer, Samba