[Samba] long scripts

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Oct 14 15:16:29 UTC 2022

On 14/10/2022 16:08, Peter Carlson via samba wrote:

> On 10/14/22 08:03, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:

>>> You could use Samba's client group policy for the linux client:
>>>
>>> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Group_Policy#Startup_Script_Policies
>>> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Group_Policy#Script_Policies
>>>
>>> Only works if you enable it on the client also:
>>>
>>> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Group_Policy#Winbind
>>>

>> It is either that or use Python or some weird script that is half bash
>> (without a shebang) and half .com
>>
>> Rowland
>>
> so I am assuming that these scripts are only run on linux systems, if so
> that takes care of it not running on windows.
>
> so if I then put a login script login.ps1 or login.bat it will run on
> windows, but still try to run on linux and fail?
>
> Peter
> PS: sorry for the mis-spelling in the subject, the brain -> finger
> interface has one wire a bit loose

I looked into this once, so I looked through my notes and found this at
the time:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/17510688/single-script-to-run-in-both-windows-batch-and-linux-bash

It is still there, just checked. I didn't get much further than that at
the time, there was a change of direction.

I would go with David's suggestion, it sounds easier.

Rowland