[Samba] template homedir

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Oct 13 15:32:59 UTC 2022

On 13/10/2022 16:09, Peter Carlson via samba wrote:
> I have a domain of somereallylongname at domain with a netbios name of
> SHORT.

When you say 'domain', do you mean the dns domain ? because that isn't a
valid dns domain, also, when you say netbios domain, do you mean the
netbios domain name or the the netbios name aka the short hostname in
capitals.

  I would like the user dirs on linux to be created as
> /home/%U at SHORT, but they keep getting created as %U at long_name
>
> I cant seem to find the parameter that allows %D to be set as netbios
> shortname

Looks like you mean the computers name in capitals, in which case '%h'
might be what you are looking for, but I think this will be in lowercase.

'%D' is always the netbios domain name (aka workgroup) in capitals.

Rowland