[Samba] Samba does not replicate attributes added via ldbmodify

Ralf Spenneberg ralf at spenneberg.net
Wed Oct 12 10:24:47 UTC 2022

Hi Rowland,

> Have you run dbcheck on each database ?
I just ran it. I had several (4)
Fixed old DN string on attribute lastKnownParent
on both.

> It may help if we could see a sanitised version of the ldif you added.

Here is an exerpt:
dn: CN=user1,CN=Users,DC=ad,DC=domain,DC=de
changetype: modify
replace: proxyAddresses
proxyAddresses: smtp:user1 at domain.de
proxyAddresses: smtp:alias at domain.de

> Also, have you tried explicitly asking for the attribute, some
> attributes are only shown if you ask for them in this way.
Well on the first dc it works fine using

ldbsearch -H /var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb '(proxyaddresses=*)' dn
proxyaddresses

On the second the set attributes are not shown.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Ralf