[Samba] Samba does not replicate attributes added via ldbmodify

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Oct 12 10:17:01 UTC 2022

On 12/10/2022 11:03, Ralf Spenneberg via samba wrote:
> Hi Rowland,
>
> thanks a lot for the response.
> Of course, the attribute was proxyAddresses. Sorry for the confusion.

Not confusion, just confirming that you had used the correct attribute.

> Does Samba ldb actually use these attributes case-sensitive? LDAP
> ignores the case. Anyway, I did use the correct case.

To set an attribute using ldbmodify, you have to use an ldif and that
must use the correct attribute including the correct case. If you use
ldbsearch to find an AD object, then that is a bit looser, you can use
an all lowercase attribute.

> How long may the replication take? More than 36 hours?

No, I was thinking in minutes, I have seen replication take approx 15
minutes.

Have you run dbcheck on each database ?

It may help if we could see a sanitised version of the ldif you added.

Also, have you tried explicitly asking for the attribute, some
attributes are only shown if you ask for them in this way.

Rowland