[Samba] FSMO transfer error

henri transfert hb.transfert at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 07:46:42 UTC 2022

Hi everyone,

I am in the process of updating samba from 4.10 to 4.16 adding a new DC to
the domain (following
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Joining_a_Samba_DC_to_an_Existing_Active_Directory
) .
Everything seems to go well when joining the new DC .
At a last step , I want to transfer all FSMO role to the new DC , and I
have the following error :

samba-tool fsmo transfer --role=all
FSMO transfer of 'rid' role successful
FSMO transfer of 'pdc' role successful
FSMO transfer of 'naming' role successful
FSMO transfer of 'infrastructure' role successful
FSMO transfer of 'schema' role successful
ERROR: Failed to add role 'domaindns': LDAP error 50
LDAP_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS -  <00002098: Object CN=Infrastructure,DC=
DomainDnsZones,DC=mydom,DC=example,DC=com has no write property access> <>

I don't understand this error and don't know how to correct it .

Any help very welcome

Thanks in advance

Henri