[Samba] Bug login in samba

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Oct 7 15:37:35 UTC 2022

On 07/10/2022 13:41, mohamed elzakazeky wrote:
> On 07/10/2022 01:40, mohamed elzakazeky via samba wrote:
>  > Hello Dears
>  > We have bug in version samba 14.5.0
>  > We any user try to login in machine and enter the password and user name
>  > appear the massage the password is not Correct but if disconnect the
>  > network and try to login again the login is successful
>  > We need to support about this issue
>
> I think we are going to need more information. It sounds like your
> machine is trying to contact a DC via the network and failing, then when
> you disconnect from the network it falls back to the winbind cache and
> works.
>
> Is this what is happening ?
> If so, when does it happen, at boot or all the time ?
>
> What are the machines that this happens on  ? Linux or Windows ?
>
> Rowland
> Hello rowland
> this issue all time when restart the machine

What machine ? Windows or Linux ?

  and login again when lock
> the screen and login again and this issue in all windows machines

Ah, looks like Windows, so what version ?

  and i
> have 4 nodes

I take by 'nodes' you mean 'AD DC', if not, please describe what you
mean by 'node'

  two nodes versions 4.15.5 and two nodes is 4.15.0 when add
> dns in any machine client version 4.15.0 this issue is appear and when
> change dns to another machine 4.15.5 is working well

I think you are going to have to describe your set up a lot better.

What are the AD DC's ? Samba or Windows ?
If they are Samba, are you using the Samba internal dns server or Bind9 ?
Is there any other dns servers being used ?
Are the clients using a DC as their first nameserver ?

Anything else you think may be relevant.

Rowland