[Samba] convert from synology

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Oct 7 07:52:25 UTC 2022

On 07/10/2022 07:39, Andrew Bartlett via samba wrote:
> As I said look into why that gid value might be wrong, by examining
> your idmap.ldb for example.

I think what Andrew is trying to say is that the gid may be incorrect.

The line that is causing the error is this:

smbd.set_simple_acl(file.name, 0o755, system_session_unix(), gid)

if you look at the code for that line, you will find this above it:

:param gid: The GID of the "Domain adminstrators" group

Which, now I think about it, is also a bug, there isn't a 'Domain
administrators' group, but there is a domain 'Administrators' group.

so if you look in idmap.ldb , you should find this:

dn: CN=S-1-5-32-544
cn: S-1-5-32-544
objectClass: sidMap
objectSid: S-1-5-32-544
type: ID_TYPE_BOTH
xidNumber: 3000002
distinguishedName: CN=S-1-5-32-544

S-1-5-32-544 is the SID the domain 'Administrators' group and, from the
example above (taken from my DC), the 'gid' is '3000002'. Yours may be
slightly different, but it should be in the '3000000' range.

Rowland