[Samba] Bug login in samba

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Oct 7 07:21:31 UTC 2022

On 07/10/2022 01:40, mohamed elzakazeky via samba wrote:
> Hello Dears
> We have bug in version samba 14.5.0
> We any user try to login in machine and enter the password and user name
> appear the massage the password is not Correct but if disconnect the
> network and try to login again the login is successful
> We need to support about this issue

I think we are going to need more information. It sounds like your
machine is trying to contact a DC via the network and failing, then when
you disconnect from the network it falls back to the winbind cache and
works.

Is this what is happening ?
If so, when does it happen, at boot or all the time ?

What are the machines that this happens on  ? Linux or Windows ?

Rowland