[Samba] Problem with sysvol rsync

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Oct 6 14:58:55 UTC 2022

On 06/10/2022 15:35, Miguel Angel Coa M. wrote:
> Hi Rowland
> 1. Yes, i compiled on dc01, compile/install  on dc02 and join to dc01
> and compile/install on dc03 and join dc01, without problem.
> 2. Yes, the GPO's is sync across with rsync  (from dc01 to dc02 and dc03) .
>
> About the question: but have you checked that the sync actually worked ?
> ... Mmm, only checks the folder and perms is sync inside the clients.

What I meant was, did Sysvol get copied across to the two new DC's, are
the files actually there ?

GPO's are stored in two places, on Disc in the sysvol directory and also
in the AD database. sysvolcheck reads the GPO's from AD and then 'walks'
the found GPO's, one by one in sysvol on disc. The errors could be
caused by you having, lets say, three GPO's in AD, but only two (or
less) on disc.

Another thing to look at is selinux (if it is being used), this could
also be denying access, remember that red-hat doesn't really want you to
use Samba as a DC on its OS, so there is no selinux conf for a Samba DC.
(yes, I know that you are using Rocky Linux, but that is red-hat recompiled)

Rowland