[Samba] Samba Update to 4.14 on Debian Buster - apt warnings and errors

Franz Gansberger franz.gansberger at boku.ac.at
Mon Oct 3 12:12:20 UTC 2022

Hi All,
thank you for the news - and the hint regarding backports.

Thank you guys also for the work - an all the best to Louis!

Franz

>>> Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org> 03.10.2022 10:16 >>
( mailto:rpenny at samba.org)

Okay, I have finally heard from Louis, whilst I will not go into that
reply, I feel that I can say that it is unlikely that Louis will be
updating his Samba repo in the short to medium term.

I would therefore suggest that anyone that has been using his 'Debian'
repo, switches to using Samba from Debian backports. As for Ubuntu, I
understand that when 22.10 is released, it will have 4.16.4.

Rowland