[Samba] Samba Update to 4.14 on Debian Buster - apt warnings and errors

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Oct 3 08:16:13 UTC 2022

> On 29/09/2022 07:53, Franz Gansberger via samba wrote:
>> Good morning,
>>
>> any news regarding Louis?
>> Repos here are still empty:
>>
>> https://apt.van-belle.nl/debian/dists/buster-samba414/main/binary-amd64/
>>
>> Franz
>
> No, I still haven't heard from him, so if you are reading this Louis,
> please contact me, I am getting really worried.
>
> Rowland

Okay, I have finally heard from Louis, whilst I will not go into that
reply, I feel that I can say that it is unlikely that Louis will be
updating his Samba repo in the short to medium term.

I would therefore suggest that anyone that has been using his 'Debian'
repo, switches to using Samba from Debian backports. As for Ubuntu, I
understand that when 22.10 is released, it will have 4.16.4.

Rowland