[Samba] Is idmap backend nss still a thing?

Vaughan, Robert J vaughar2 at gdls.com
Wed Nov 30 20:01:12 UTC 2022

Hello Samba world

Is idmap backend nss still supported/in use for winbind?  My unix rfc2307 user info is available in a unix LDAP system (currently used by ssh via sssd) so I could use it whilst we contemplate AD migration

Any issues with winbind/sssd?  Red Hat 7 and 8 domain member servers

Thanks,

Robert Vaughan

This is an e-mail from General Dynamics Land Systems. It is for the intended recipient only and may contain confidential and privileged information.  No one else may read, print, store, copy, forward or act in reliance on it or its attachments.  If you are not the intended recipient, please return this message to the sender and delete the message and any attachments from your computer. Your cooperation is appreciated.