[Samba] freeradius on dc?

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Wed Nov 30 14:50:23 UTC 2022

30.11.2022 16:18, Robert Marcano via samba wrote:
> On 11/30/22 3:56 AM, Alexander Harm || ApfelQ via samba wrote:
>> Not from my side. I tried it a couple of times but for us containers were always a mess when it came to Samba. Starting from permission issues and
>> problems forwarding all the ports necessary (which conflicted with the host). That is why we only use virtual machines now.
>
> We have no problem running Samba AD as OCI containers, the trick is to use host networking and setup an extra IP address for the DC and bind only to
> it, This way there is no conflicts with the host.

A much easier trick is to use *container* networking with its own IP address
given to/used by exclusively by this container. This might require setting
up a bridge on host though.  Once this is done, any number of containers
can be run, including running a service (samba in this case) in the regular
root filesystem but with unique configuration (eg. I bind /etc/samba.$container
to /etc/samba, /var/lib/samba.$container to /var/lib/samba/ etc).

/mjt