[Samba] freeradius on dc?

Robert Marcano robert at marcanoonline.com
Wed Nov 30 13:18:01 UTC 2022

On 11/30/22 3:56 AM, Alexander Harm || ApfelQ via samba wrote:
> Not from my side. I tried it a couple of times but for us containers were always a mess when it came to Samba. Starting from permission issues and problems forwarding all the ports necessary (which conflicted with the host). That is why we only use virtual machines now.

We have no problem running Samba AD as OCI containers, the trick is to
use host networking and setup an extra IP address for the DC and bind
only to it, This way there is no conflicts with the host.

It was required because Samba insist in adding the container internal IP
to DNS when host networking isn't used, and that IP isn't reachable by
clients.