[Samba] User cannot access member server share by name, only by IP

Luke Barone lukebarone at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 22:32:07 UTC 2022

To add to this: On the file server, I see this line repeated constantly for
the computer the user is working on:

[2022/11/29 14:23:36.559926,  0]
../../source3/smbd/service.c:166(chdir_current_service)
  chdir_current_service: vfs_ChDir(/usr/local/share/Staff) failed:
Permission denied. Current token: uid=70010, gid=100513, 8 groups: 100513
101109 70011 101202 70002 70003 70010 70001

I'm feeling that's wrong, given the range in the config file. Is this
something that can be repaired, or do I have to wipe and redo the
account(s)?