[Samba] Moving to AD for idmap backend

Vaughan, Robert J vaughar2 at gdls.com
Mon Nov 28 17:28:51 UTC 2022

Hello Samba listers

We're looking at moving to idmap backend AD for our Samba domain member servers

One concern I had is our corporation assigns uid for users in one corp sub-domain (A.X.com) interspersed with users from our other corp sub-domain (B.X.com) so that the range must be overlapping

Some testing by a colleague shows Samba notes the overlap in the log but seems to work fine

Can someone say if this should be fine, allowing that corp makes sure the uid are all unique in AD?

Thanks,

Robert Vaughan

This is an e-mail from General Dynamics Land Systems. It is for the intended recipient only and may contain confidential and privileged information.  No one else may read, print, store, copy, forward or act in reliance on it or its attachments.  If you are not the intended recipient, please return this message to the sender and delete the message and any attachments from your computer. Your cooperation is appreciated.