[Samba] Migrate and Update (Samba 4.1 ADDC to Samba Latest Version on different Server).

Juan Ignacio juan.ignacio.pazos at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 16:11:16 UTC 2022

I didn't log into unix directly, I logged on a windows machine.
The problem is I needed the administrator account to manage some gpos and
move the files from one member server to another and rewrite the
permissions, timestamp and file ownership on windows.
If I write a file on the member it shows as root what seems correct for me
because I don't want anyone accessing that share right now.
At least until I finish migrating the files.

Administrator is the Windows
> administrator with thr RID '500', so with your DOMAIN low range it will
> have the Unix ID 10500, it is just a normal Unix user.

How can I know that?

We are not mapping administrator to root?

OURDOMAIN\administrator is not equal to root and the uid=0?

Sorry im trying to understand better.