[Samba] Migrate and Update (Samba 4.1 ADDC to Samba Latest Version on different Server).

Juan Ignacio juan.ignacio.pazos at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 15:40:21 UTC 2022

 I'm on a windows client, logged in with the OURDOMAIN\administrator
account.

The content of /etc/samba/user.map

!root = OURDOMAIN\Administrator

The smb.conf.

[global]
        log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
        log level = 1
        realm = OURDOMAIN.ORG
        security = ADS
        server role = member server
        username map = /etc/samba/user.map
        workgroup = OURDOMAIN
        idmap config * : backend = tdb
        idmap config * : range = 3000-7999
        idmap config kennedy : backend = rid
        idmap config kennedy : range = 10000-9999999

On unix.

I checked the shares with smbclient and i got Invalid Token

root at memberdc:/etc/samba# smbclient -L \\\\10.20.1.55 -U administrator
Password for [OURDOMAIN\administrator]:
session setup failed: NT_STATUS_INVALID_TOKEN

if i do the same with other domain user i got the shares correctly.

 smbclient -L \\\\10.20.1.55 -U pepito
Password for [OURDOMAIN\pepito]:

        Sharename       Type      Comment
        sharetest       Disk
        test            Disk
        IPC$            IPC       IPC Service (Samba 4.17.3-Debian)
SMB1 disabled -- no workgroup available