[Samba] auth problems

Piviul piviul at riminilug.it
Sat Nov 26 05:30:40 UTC 2022

Il 24/11/22 15:59, Rowland Penny via samba ha scritto:
> On 24/11/2022 14:53, Piviul via samba wrote:
>>> There doesn't appear to be anything wrong, is the join still OK and
>>> is winbind running ?
>> # net ads testjoin
>> kinit succeeded but ads_sasl_spnego_krb5_bind failed: Strong(er)
>> authentication required
>> Join is OK
>
> Have you checked that winbind is running ?
yes winbind was running or better winbindd service was up. wbinfo -g or
-u shows nothing.

> You said in your first post:
>
> member can't authenticate users any more
>
> What do you mean by that ?
> Can your users not login ?
> Do ldap searches not work ?
> Or something else ?
yes the member can't authenticate users. Have you read the output of
testjoin:
# net ads testjoin
kinit succeeded but ads_sasl_spnego_krb5_bind failed: Strong(er)
authentication required
Join is OK

> Does 'getent passwd $username' produce output ?
no it doesn't.

Any way I have installed a new member, imported all data from the broken
member an renamed the new member as the old one so it is difficult to
understand more of the problem because the broken member now is not a
member any more.

Thank you Roland

Piviul