[Samba] Unable to access shares after upgrade to version 4.17.3

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Fri Nov 25 07:51:03 UTC 2022

24.11.2022 11:20, spindles seven via samba wrote:
..
> So the solution was to re-install 4.17.3 from backports then upgrade to your version.
> That has worked.   And I can confirm that the original problem is fixed.
> I can access the share from both Windows and linux:
>
> root at goflex:~# smbclient //goflex/images -U roy
> Password for [MICROLYNX\roy]:
> Try "help" to get a list of possible commands.
> smb: \> quit
>
> Many thanks for your help.

Thank you for the update. So the issue was withe heimdal regression on 32bit
indeed (it equally affects 4.16 as well as 4.17).

Meanwhile, the fixed 4.17 packages has been migrated in Debian from
unstable to testing, I immediately pushed the updated version to
bullseye-backports, and it is now available in the regular backports
ready for the installation on all platforms.

(it is exactly the same version as I made available in my archive, but
rebuilt in the debian infrastructure, so the binaries might be different
due to different build dates).

/mjt