[Samba] accidentally upgraded DC to 4.17.3 ... didn't work

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Fri Nov 25 07:08:52 UTC 2022

Good morning (here)

Replication still seems to work

All three winbind-child-processes are there, although stuff like
"winbind -t" still fail on that adc1 DC.

It *seems* that windows PCs talk successfully to that DC but I am not
100% sure if things are really OK.

Because for example I can't access \\adc1\sysvol

# smbclient -L localhost

SPNEGO login failed: The object was not found

# adc1 ... log.smbd

auth_check_password_recv: sam authentication for user
[\administrator at ARBEITSGRUPPE.MY.TLD] FAILED with error NT_STATUS_NOT_FOUND

# wbinfo -i administrator
failed to call wbcGetpwnam: WBC_ERR_WINBIND_NOT_AVAILABLE
Could not get info for user administrator

-

So far the PCs seem to not notice, but I think I shouldn't let it that
way longer than necessary.

I appreciate any help on this.