[Samba] auth problems

Piviul piviul at riminilug.it
Thu Nov 24 13:11:58 UTC 2022

> On 24/11/2022 11:28, Piviul via samba wrote:
>> Hi all, I have a problem, I have upgraded my samba DC to samba
>> 4.10.16 and now an old samba (4.1.17 on an old debian wheezy) member
>> can't authenticate users any more. There is a way to have the old
>> samba member authenticate the users without upgrading it? I need to
>> have this server working as soon as possible
>>
>> Thank you very much
>>
>> Piviul
>>

> Whilst Samba 4.10.x and 4.1.x are both EOL as far as Samba is
> concerned and Wheezy is EOL as far as Debian is concerned, it should
> still work.
>
> Can we start by seeing the smb.conf from the wheezy machine ?

this is testparm:

root at serverdati:~# du -sh /home/shares/DAE/
^G^C
root at serverdati:~# testparm
rlimit_max: increasing rlimit_max (1024) to minimum Windows limit (16384)
Processing section "[homes]"
[...]
Loaded services file OK.
WARNING: You have some share names that are longer than 12 characters.
These may not be accessible to some older clients.
(Eg. Windows9x, WindowsMe, and smbclient prior to Samba 3.0.)
Server role: ROLE_DOMAIN_MEMBER

[global]
     workgroup = DOMINIOCSA
     realm = AD.CSARICERCHE.COM
     server string = %h server (Samba, Debian)
     security = ADS
     map to guest = Bad User
     obey pam restrictions = Yes
     pam password change = Yes
     log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
     max log size = 1000
     usershare allow guests = Yes
     template shell = /bin/bash
     winbind enum users = Yes
     winbind enum groups = Yes
     winbind refresh tickets = Yes
     idmap config DOMINIOCSA : range = 10000-99999
     idmap config DOMINIOCSA : backend = rid
     idmap config * : range = 3000-9999
     idmap config * : backend = tdb
     map acl inherit = Yes