[Samba] accidentally upgraded DC to 4.17.3 ... didn't work

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Thu Nov 24 07:58:21 UTC 2022

24.11.2022 10:10, Stefan G. Weichinger via samba wrote:
..
> So you basically say, I should/could "rm -fr /var/lib/samba" while upgrading?

No.  I'm saying that - in case of a failed upgrade - reinstalling the binaries
should not help, as you're installing the same binaries which were before anyway,
but removing state data and reconfiguring usually helps.

> I currently try upgrading the second dc and I see the same issue with winbind. No, I haven't yet tried that rejoin step.

Which issue is that? I just re-read whole thread, I see you had
several issues with winbindd.

What's wrong with winbindd now, exactly?

/mjt