[Samba] Testing replication between 4 DCs

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Wed Nov 23 21:15:01 UTC 2022

23.11.2022 23:02, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:
> On 23/11/2022 19:56, Michael Tokarev via samba wrote:
>> 23.11.2022 22:31, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:
>>
>>> Samba stores dns records in AD and when you join a new DC, at first start (and every 10 minutes after that) a python script is run
>>> 'samba_dnsupdate', this adds any missing records found in the file 'dns_update_list'. Because you are using unbound, your records are incomplete,
>>> they are very probably in AD, but unbound doesn't read the records in AD. Because unbound doesn't know all the records, it is very probable that
>>> this is causing some of your problems.
>>
>> Rowland, you sipped actual question and returned to speculations.
>> I don't know why you're doing this.  But I'm okay with this too,
>> people are different, that's normal.
>
> I am not speculating, I am telling you how the records are created, you do not want to accept this.

This is hilarious. You never answered me, you answered various
questions I never asked but never provided an answer to my
actual question.

WHICH RECORDS ARE THESE?  Please give JUST ONE EXAMPLE of such record.

Just one record which is in samba internal DNS but is not in
dns_update_cache and is not in zone list obtained from samba
internal DNS.  Just one please.  Which record my unbound misses.

Without that, what you're saying is just your fantasy.

With that, on the other hand, there will be FINALLY an actual
technical point which can be used to decide.

Thanks,

/mjt