[Samba] Testing replication between 4 DCs

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Wed Nov 23 20:34:17 UTC 2022

23.11.2022 22:48, cn--- via samba wrote:
> About samba always using a "full mesh". Read the changelog of samba 4.5:
> " KCC improvements for sparse network replication
>
> The Samba KCC will now be the default knowledge consistency checker in Samba AD. Instead of using full mesh replication between every DC, the KCC will set up connections to optimize replication latency and cost (using site links to calculate the routes). This change should allow larger domains to function significantly better in terms of replication traffic and the time spent performing DRS replication"
>
> Taken from here:
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_4.5_Features_added/changed#KCC_improvements_for_sparse_network_replication

Thank you cn (hm.. is it a nick? :).  I were digging into the code,
because it looked to me like Rowland is mistaken there.  Yes, that
looks like it.  And the name for it is "full mesh" - I didn't know
that.  You're exactly to the point.

(I wonder if my email will come to the list, since apparently
Rowland just blocked me instead of answering a trivial technical
question).

Thanks,

/mjt