[Samba] Testing replication between 4 DCs

cn at brain-biotech.de cn at brain-biotech.de
Wed Nov 23 19:48:24 UTC 2022

About samba always using a "full mesh". Read the changelog of samba 4.5:
" KCC improvements for sparse network replication

The Samba KCC will now be the default knowledge consistency checker in Samba AD. Instead of using full mesh replication between every DC, the KCC will set up connections to optimize replication latency and cost (using site links to calculate the routes). This change should allow larger domains to function significantly better in terms of replication traffic and the time spent performing DRS replication"

Taken from here:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_4.5_Features_added/changed#KCC_improvements_for_sparse_network_replication

Regards

Christian

--
Dr. Christian Naumer
Vice President

BRAIN Biotech AG
Darmstaedter Str. 34-36
64673 Zwingenberg, Germany

T: +49 6251 9331-30
F: +49 6251 9331-11

cn at brain-biotech.com
www.brain-biotech.com

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Zwingenberg | Bergstrasse
Registergericht AG Darmstadt | HRB 24758
Vorstand: Adriaan Moelker (Vorstandsvorsitzender) | Michael Schneiders
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dr. Georg Kellinghusen