[Samba] Migrate and Update (Samba 4.1 ADDC to Samba Latest Version on different Server).

Juan Ignacio juan.ignacio.pazos at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 17:08:51 UTC 2022

I agree, the problem is that the old server also worked as a file server,
now that I have the file server separated from the new ad-dc at any time
I'll demote the old server.

I wonder if to do:
  samba-tool fsmo transfer --role=all -UAdministrator

Is it the same as doing it with Rsync or if it is better.
--

I haven't searched for information on how to remove the old server yet, I
don't know if it's just disconnecting it or if I should run some command on

If you have any information on this it would be of great help.