[Samba] several offices: home dirs, local resources, ...

spindles seven spindles7 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 20:45:19 UTC 2022

On 22-11-2022 19:36 Michael Tokorec wrote:

>Can you give an example please? I can't find a way to map home/profile path to
>a site-specific name, - be the GPO itself site-specific or not.  It smells like
?GPO can be used there, but I can't find a way to do that.

Take a look here - it would seem that applying a GPO for roaming profiles to computers (rather than users) allows
you to specify the path used for users' roaming profiles using that computer.
The way I read it is if you just put all the computers in each site into a different OU and
then apply different GPOs to each OU you should be able to do what you want.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/storage/folder-redirection/deploy-roaming-user-profiles#step-6-optionally-set-up-roaming-user-profiles-on-computers

However haven't tried it myself, but worth investigating,

Good luck,

Roy